Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Monday, January 2, 2017

How to Make 2017 the BEST Year Ever


First of all, SUP'er: Happy New Year to YOU!

BUH-BYE 2016. Was 2016 all you hoped it would be? Or did you expect more? For me, I had the pleasure of experiencing many wonderful events and milestones along with tough challenges too. After processing the ups and down of 2016 with friends and family, the more I realized how badly we all want to do better this time around. And, we all want to know how to make 2017 the best year ever. 

Now standing before the new year (and 365 opportunities), I'm sitting. At my desk, that is....staring at images I've cut from magazines and pinned to my bulletin board.  It seems silly, but this practice has become kind of a religion for me. It's almost like writing goals down on paper, but instead of writing, I'm painting colorful, vivid imagary of places, scenery, quotes, activities and things I'd like birthed into my life.  

PRACTICE THIS. I like to think of this practice as making "visual goals."   The more I analyze this process, the more I realize it works because you're imagining your dream has come true before it actually materializes into your life. What's even more interesting is the information I've read on how the mind often creates what it believes to be true regardless if it's real or not. (Pretty powerful stuff, huh?) So, if we believe it in our mind first (by, say....putting an image on our wall of some cool place you'd like to travel to) the chances of it happening are mighty high!


Pure Magic. So far, I've enjoyed bringing to life things like learning a new water sport to as monumental as purchasing my dream car and getting free front row tickets to see Luke Bryan (and Kenny Chesney!) in concert to NOW my dream business!  This simple practice is such a delight too. It isn't frustrating. You literally get to be as creative as you like. Then when the inspiration flows, it's even more fun seeing it lead to actionable steps to making it happen!  

So, are you like the rest of us who want to know how to make 2017 the best year ever? If you're reading this post, I'm guessing the answer is a a big, fat YES.  Give this practice a try- I promise it won't make your eyes glaze over. :)

What You'll Need:

A Bulletin Board
(Or just a space on your wall)

Scotch Tape or Push Pins

Magazines!
Or pinterest and a printer.
What images excite you? Cut (or print!) it out and put up on your board or space on your wall. 

Look at it everyday. 
Let your brain marinate in the life you'd like to live. 


Trust Your Intuition.
Just listen to what surfaces in your heart when you look at these images. Somehow it knows what you should do and where you should go. 

That's it! That's how to make 2017 the best year ever. Make it lighthearted. Keep it playful and fun. Leave seriousness at the door. Then watch what happens. 

Care to share with me? I'd love to hear your goals.  Drop me a line below in the comment section or as always, say hi to me at amanda@thebeachonista.com!  Is stand up paddle boarding on your list of things to learn? Sign up for a private lesson with me (and your friends!) by selecting the yellow button to the top right! 

Wishing you a fabulous and prosperous 2017, SUP'er. 

Love + Sun,

Amanda
Your Beachonista 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...