Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Monday, October 31, 2016

Befriending Your Board

Hey S U P ' E R! 

Most people who have a desire to stand up paddleboard for the first time often think it is insanely difficult. In their mind they believe the moment they step foot on the board they will - without a doubt - fall off. Or, on the contrary, some believe it's a breeze. Just hop on the board and you'll balance vertically- no problem! 

The latter could be true only if you've perfected your Stand Up Paddleboard "game" over a period of time. The former can be a reality if you attempt to stand up on a paddle board without taking proper precautions that you would learn from a certified Stand Up Paddleboard instructor. Whichever SUP belief you lean toward today, "balance success" demands you implement this particular technique. 

Check out my video below for a complete demonstration of a technique I use to feel steady on my board. It's a technique I call "befriending your board." (I'm a cheeseball, I know! ;) 



This technique is designed to help you understand how you can strengthen your balance and maximize comfortability on your board.  I love how connected and strong I feel after spending time rocking my board from side to side with my hands and feet. It's teaching my body to adapt to the rhythm of the water so they can remain steady as one unit.  Befriending your board is well worth the time and effort to construct a solid SUP foundation! 

Now seeing this demonstration, do you feel inspired to give it a try? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below. If you're ready for a SUP lesson, click the yellow "BOOK NOW" button on the right side of my website. 

Wishing you a wonderful week!

Love + Sun,

Amanda
Your Beachonista 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...