Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Monday, May 12, 2014

3 Reasons Backpacks are Fabulous This Season

Hey Fashionista!! This past week I stopped into Diane's Beachwear to see if there was anything I couldn't live without. (Oh, there's a silly question!)) If you've ever been in one of their several locations in Southern California, you'll know what I mean when I say: it's dangerous.  The lines blur between
"want" and "need." Nothing is logical when their merchandise (I'm talkin': bikinis, hats, sunglasses, dresses and accessories) glisten like diamonds! ;) 


Just when I thought all logic was lost, I somehow managed to reign myself back in with the question of: what do I really need from the 1,800 things piled up in my hands? 

One thing popped out and captured my attention: this pink and white Volcom backpack. I know. You're probably wondering why a backpack would capture a 30 year old's attention, when high school is long gone.  But, since this new transition I've been going through, I've been re-situating my lifestyle, which also includes reconfiguring my wardrobe.  

During this process, I've discovered the unique (and fun) benefits of this accessory and wanted to share with you my 3 reasons backpacks are fabulous this season and why you should think about using one. 

Peep out my insight below :) 

1. Backpacks are way cuter than when you were in high school!

Remember how in high school you had only a few choice options to chose from the Jansport collection? Black, red, blue or green...and occasionally: purple.  Yuck.  They were so dull.  Nowadays, I've noticed more prints and millions of options that suit my taste and style much better.  

My new backpack is from Diane's Beachwear in Manhattan Beach, CA and made from Volcom for $42.00.  I adore this beach-y print and the overall pink and white color scheme. It just puts a smile on my face every time I put it on. :) 

What type of prints and colors light you up?

Once you know, find it!  

2. Backpacks are more comfortable than your purse (and hold all of your essentials!)

My life revolves around walking or bike riding now that I live back in my hometown by the beach.  I constantly want to be outside to inhale that salty cool breeze. Yum! The weather is warm, the skies are clear and everyone's just freakin' happy.  ((Oh, and it helps that the beach is less than a mile away!))  All this outdoor activity doesn't really accommodate wearing my favorite large tote.  

In fact, my shoulder falls off every time I try.  

All of my essentials- like: my wallet, water, snack, sweater, chapstick, and if my pup comes with me, her little doggy bags and water too - easily fit into my backpack and is easy to carry around wherever I go. Shoulder included.

So, when I spotted this cute printed Volcom backpack at Diane's Beachwear, I realized how it would hold all of my things while out there walking or bike riding on beautiful days.  



3. Backpacks bring out the youthful side in you!

Now that we're past the backpack stigma, I can tell you that backpacks bring out the free spirit in me. And I'm guessing it will do the same for you too.  Especially if....you buy one in a happy print and lovely hues that will help you look stylish while participating in outdoor activities on a beautiful day.  

So, Fashionista, now I've gotta ask: what do you think of my 3 reasons backpacks are fabulous this season? Have they convinced you to try it? Maybe this weekend? While out bike riding? Let me know! Leave a comment below or email me at info(at)thefashionistacoach(dot)com! 


As always, I wish you a beautiful and stylish week! 

Love,
Your Fashion Coach  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...