Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

4 Ways to Style Trucker Hats for Spring!


Hey Fashionista! Now that we're in the middle of spring (and well on our way to summer!) I  figured you might be looking for new and exciting ways to update your weekend-wear to, maybe, something a little more dazzling?  I mean, who doesn't like spicing up their look when a new season is upon us? I know I do! :)  


In case you haven't already met....I wanted to introduce you to the best accessory on earth: the trucker hat! Yes. They looked cheesy back in the 80's. By no means, were they considered fabulous. But I assure you, Fashionista, they have been redeemed AND are winning me over! (Take it from this girl... who has had a love affair with hats since I could crawl into my dad's hat stash!)  

Ha! 


Now that you understand my take on hats.... :) Here are 4 ways to style trucker hats for spring! --- Be sure to check out my cute little co-bloggers below, who came up with their spin on trucker hat fashion! 





Hat: From E.T. Surf in Hermosa Beach, CA | Brand: Roxy

Aztec prints are ahhh-mazing right now. Especially on skirts.  My thought was to mix a an Aztec-printed tank and skirt to capture the playfulness of the spring season, while pulling off a tom-boy trucker hat in a feminine way for day or night.  Catch all that? ;) So, I want you to Try mixing a trucker hat with your favorite skirt and tank! Don't be afraid to use bold colors or prints here.  It will add new spice to your outfit. :)




The second look is geared toward my jeans-and-t-shirt-wearing Fashionistas.  It may sound cliche, but jeans and a t-shirt are so comfortable! But they don't have to be boring or frumpy.  I liked pairing this fitted tank (from Old Navy) and wearing it with a similar colored cardigan.  Since it's warming up over here in Southern California, I threw on my favorite Rainbow sandals (or "bows" as my friend calls them ;) instead! This look is perfect for weekend day time fun or running errands - whichever you prefer!


Green Hat: From Nikau Kai | Black Hat: Roxy

The last two looks come courtesy of my niece Kaela and her BFF, Angie. They've come up with two extra ways to wear a trucker hat fashionably this season. Jeans shorts and crop tops (with converse, of course!) are fabulous choices for warmer and longer days. And is the easiest and most common outfit to wear with trucker hats.  Always, always throw in a print if your trucker hat isn't busy, like the green one Angie is wearing on the left.  

Kaela paired her hat with a cute double-slit maxi-skirt and a tube top. This is also very fun and feminine for spring. It can look great for nights spent on the beach, lake or river with your favorite peeps and wanting to look a little more dressy.  

I'll admit, at first I thought trucker hats looked silly and went with nothing. But the more I played around with them (and noticed how my favorite surf brands were starting to design them in a girl-friendly-way!) the more I fell for these babies.  They're so much more stylish!

I hope we inspired you with our 4 ways to style trucker hats for spring!  Do you have a fave? Let us know in the comment section below! Or as always, email me at info(at)TheFashionistaCoach(dot)com - I love hearing from you!  Wishing you a wonderful day under the sun!

Love,
Your Fashion Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...