Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Classic Engagement Party Ensemble



Hey Fashionista!! So this past weekend I went back to my hometown and attended my friend's engagement party.  I packed -- actually, OVER-PACKED - as usual, lots of different dresses but wasn't enthused about wearing any of them to the party.   

SO. While I was out with my friends - shopping, of course ;) I spotted the cutest backless lace LBD for only $42 at Katwalk (store located in Manhattan Beach, CA -- Online shop: www.ShopKatwalk.com))) and felt like a classic look would best suit this engagement party.

Below, I posted several pictures of how I styled my LBD to create classic engagement party ensemble!

Oh, and I totally took these pictures when I got home because I couldn't quite capture a cute picture while I was at the party! ;)

The Details....The only way I could talk myself into purchasing this dress from Katwalk, while the other 5 dresses sat in my suitcase, was the fact that I don't have any other dress quite like this one in my closet.  So, naturally it made perfect sense to buy it.  Did my husband agree with my logic? Not so much. :) 

Whenever in doubt about what to wear to an engagement party, always go for a classic ensemble.  

Start by choosing an LBD. 

I normally wear black pumps with my LBD, but I didn't pack them. Go figure. However, I did pack my nude peep-toe bow pumps, which paired nicely with the rest of my accessories and dress.

I loved accessorizing with classic pieces like my J.Crew necklace, LOFT blingy bracelet and Kate Spade glitter clutch.  

Neutral colors are always safe - same with neutral accessories, like crystals, diamonds, or rhinestones.  

Even though the color palette is simple, doesn't mean the outfit has to be dull.  To ensure your safety from the 'dull-zone', pick pieces with pretty textures, like lace or lovely embellishments, like bows and sparkle.  

Whenever in doubt always go for a classic engagement party ensemble that includes a Little Black Dress, diamonds/crystals/clear jewelry, nude heels with lots of feminine details like lace, sparkle and bows!  I hope you enjoyed today's post! Wishing you a wonderful day, Fashionista!

Love,
Your Fashion Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...