Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Monday, November 25, 2013

3 Easy Ways to Glam Up Turkey Day Attire

Hey Fashionista!  Can you believe Thanksgiving is just three days away? I don't know where the months went, but I'm guessing by the time I finish typing this post, it'll be Christmas! ;)

All joking aside, Thanksgiving day is one of my favorite holidays because of the time spent in gratitude with the people I love and have blessed my life tremendously -- especially this year. Usually a fancy ensemble marks this occasion, like I've written before in previous Thanksgiving posts.  But this year is a little different for me...no, actually a lot different. Earlier this year, I lost a very special person from my life that happened to be my best friend and also my mother. It's an understatement to say that life hasn't been the same without her.  My mom was my side-kick, the person I told everything to and had to have her opinion on what to do next. Some days it feels like half of my heart is missing because she was so much a part of me. We hadn't always been this close, but I'm grateful life allowed us to be the last few years of her life.  What I'll remember most about her was her 1,000 watt smile and laughter that lit up a room. Her positive attitude, which not only stopped me from throwing in the towel on my dreams - numerous times, but inspired a whole community of readers who followed her work.  She believed in me, she cheered me on (countless times with my blog :), she held my hand during the ups and downs in my life and she was a living example of what it meant to go after your dreams.  This holiday season won't be easy to experience without her... My heart will weep for the spaces she filled with so much love and laughter.  But, I will hold the ones I love a whole lot closer than before and feel grateful for the wonderful times I shared with my mom... <3 font="">

Maybe this year, you have tons on your to-do list or are experiencing a loss during the holiday season - or maybe you just want to easily put together a stylish outfit without all the stress! Those are all really great reasons to read these 3 easy ways to glam up Turkey Day attire - which will help you pull off big style with little effort. 

And why not apply all that extra energy you would have used on yourself to where it matters most? :) 

Check out my 3 tips below....and get to celebrating with your loved ones. :)




1. Wear a Sassy Printed Shoe.
A fabulous pair of shoes is an easy way to glam-up a casual ensemble, like t-shirt and jeans.
It could be this exact pair or it could be something similar.
The point is to select a print or colorful shoe that is a bit fancier
than your jeans and top.
But in order to balance this look, bring a fancy clutch to go along with it. ;)

Or if you'd prefer wearing boots -- make sure you wear printed boot socks like I did here!
Black, white and grey boot socks (with lace trim) from FootTraffic.com 




2. Make a Statement w/Jewelry.
Let's say we're continuing on with our jeans and top theory...
Another way to look stylish easily is to put a statement necklace on it!

Bubble necklaces are another fabulous statement piece you could easily wear with your favorite pair of jeans and blouse. I have three at my shop (in navy blue, white and light blue!) for $29.99.  You can check them out here---> www.TheFashionistaCoach.storenvy.com! 




3. Don a Pattern & A Collar.
Last eassssy peasy way to glam up Turkey Day attire is to pick a print for your top.
So...instead of plain ole' white blouse, how about pink, with black polka dots? 
Or checkered? Or stripes? Or plaid?
Also, choose a top that has a little more structure, 
like this collared blouse above.  
While it's looks too restricting to wear,
it's really isn't the case.  
So long as you find and wear a collared blouse in a soft cotton with room to move,
it'll be your winning combo to effortlessly glam-up your Thanksgiving Day style.


My beautiful Mama...
A woman who marched to the beat of her own drum
Loved life and never let anything get her down.
I'm thankful for the lessons you taught me and the love you gave me.
I love you & miss you...
Always.


These 3 easy ways to glam up turkey day attire is meant to add a lot flair to your most favorite jean and t-shirt duo with very little effort.  Just add your favorite tip into the mix and you'll feel T-day ready! Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving, Fashionista, filled with laughter and love. 

Love & Hugs,
Your Fashion Coach

Photos Courtesy of: RichesforRags.tumblr.com, CharlestonClass.tumblr.com, DidoBridal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...