Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer Trend: Printed Shorts


Hey Fashionista! I have to admit: I never really was a "shorts girl." I loved the way they looked. But, truth be told, I didn't like showing  my legs too often.  was pretty lucky living in an mild climate by the beach because I was able to get away with jeans or Capri pants during summer, without breaking a sweat.  :) 

Now that I live in the hottest part of the planet, I started embracing shorts and my imperfect legs!...because...uhhh, 105 degree heat doesn't warrant jeans, unless you wanna not live.  lol j/k!

Anyway, now that I'm showing them off more these days (legs that is!), I'm paying more attention to shorts that are hugely stylish this year! Even if you're not a fan of showing off your legs, I urge you to stop being silly (lol ;) and check out this summer trend: printed shorts! And for those who love denim cut-offs, infuse your summer wear with a vibrant printed short for a breath of fresh air!  Let me tell you more about this trend....




These types of shorts come in an array of color combinations that mostly mimic the season's bright hues.  You won't be bored to tears with these shorts because they have endless printed scenery like beach themes, palm tree leaves, floral motifs, abstract designs, or something more subtle, like polka dots. 

This style is best worn not too tightly, but not baggy either.  Choosing comfortable fit will allow your skin to breathe.  Also, most printed shorts come in lighter fabric like, cotton, so you will feel stylish and comfortable on a warm day!  





Printed shorts are perfect for occasions like, meal outings, say breakfast with your BFFs, or dinner with your sweetie.  They can be dressed up for special occasions like a bridal shower, date night, or winery tour.  I love pairing shorts with open-toed, one-strap high heels - which is also "all-the-rage" this season too! Wear a bold colored top (either plain tee or a button up shirt - form fitting or loose!) to increase your style factor here, too!



There are ample reasons to try this summer trend: printed shorts; they flatter every figure, keep you cool on warm days and give lots of flavor to your summer style.  You can find this style at any retailer you like! My favorite one? Gap.com! Give it a try and see how you like it!  Wishing you a fabulous day, Fashionista!

Love,

Your Fashion Coach


Photos Courtesy of: TheGirlWhoFellDownTheHole.tumblr.com, obaz.com, pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...