Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Monday, July 22, 2013

My Favorite Summer Accessories!


Hey Fashionista! In my book, summer accessories must go with just about everything in my closet.  Which sounds like an impossible feat, but isn't because I'm pretty basic. My idea of summer style is throwing on a pair of shorts with a t-shirt and a little bit of makeup and an easy hair-do to top it off.  

Don't get me wrong, I require style but in a "i-don't-want-to-lift-a-finger-kinda-way." LoL. Sounds unrealistic, right?It's not. I'll show you how to get there with this tip list (including direct links to the places I found my favorite summer accessories-- which are pictured to the left) to help you do just that.. (;  

First: Color.  Since summer is all about the brights and whites, inject a splash of yellow, maybe into a bag, like I did with my yellow and khaki stripe clutch from Gap.  Or....white somewhere in the mix, like my bold white statement necklace, which is now available at my shop

Second: Print.  It's no secret that I'm a stripe-aholic. Every other garment in my closet is striped --- must be in my DNA makeup or something ;) Maybe it's because they have a beach-y, classic feel to them.  Either way, stripes are a fabulous print to incorporate into your accessory clan.  I got my neon blue and white stripe scarf from The Gap for only $20!  Chevron prints are extremely hip now.  I love my Chevron iPhone Case that I got from On Your Case Shop over at Etsy. *By all means, please don't feel like you're limited to stripes. Tribal prints or polka dots are very sassy as well!

Lastly: Versatility.  Anything with a subtle print or texture is perfectly versatile. Like my new cat-eye shades from LOFT! Because of that classic cat eye shape and color, they match with everything from my casual shorts, to hippy styles and back around to the oh-so-classic Ms. Fancy Pants look too.  Anything more chaotic or wildly bold (unless we're talking about perfume - then go bold! Like I did with my favorite Viktor & Rolf perfume!) will limit yourself from the "this-goes-with-everything" category. 

I hope my favorite summer accessories inspire you to anchor down your favorite accessories that make your stylish life a whole lot easier.  All it takes is some color, print and a little versatility to create flawless style for summer.  Enjoy your hot summer days, Fashionista - in style!!

Love,
Your Fashion Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...