Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Q & A Fashionable Thursday: Capturing Your Crush's Attention

Q:  Hi Amanda! I've got this new crush and I want to know some flirty outfits to snag his attention.  What are some?

Rachel
California

A: Hi Rachel!

Aww, I'm so excited for you! New crushes are fun, especially because they make something mundane and ordinary (like school or work) feel extraordinary and exciting! What's not to love about that?!

Most magazines would give a list of outfits to capture your crush's attention, but here, I believe in creating style from the inside out. AND...When it comes to 'crushes,' attracting them is best done in the most authentic way possible.

Here's what I mean. 


Once upon a time, I believed in the "attracting" power of a hot outfit.  I bought a really CUTE yellow dress that was - yes- HOT, short and tight to impress my crush. But when I wore it I felt sooo UNCOMFORTABLE.  I kept fidgeting with the length because I feared it would pull up too high and show everythingggggggg! Not to mention, the top was very snug, which caused me to also worry about my 'girls' popping out. Exhausting! (LOL) So what happened when I saw my crush? I was way too distracted with a possible "wardrobe malfunction" that I spent no time getting to know the guy I liked!  Bummer.


So, instead of giving you an outfit formula on what you should wear (which may or may not reflect you), here's what I suggest you do, so you'll have a far better experience with your crush than I did!

This is where the "authentic" part comes in: I want you to go through your closet and pick out every item that makes YOU feel beautiful and comfortable.  You're going to talk to this person, they're going to get to know you, so it's important to feel fantastic in what you're wearing! Clothes are the foundation to confidence. :)

If you don't have anything in your closet to give you this feeling, look back on photos, either online or in a physical photo album.  See what you wore that made you feel beautiful.  Was it a pair of super comfortable but chic wedges? Were you wearing a certain color that made you feel extra glow-y inside?? Is there a certain type of dress you felt so good in? Take note of those details when looking back. Then go buy something similar.  Because when you wear it around your crush, you'll give off that vibe that only comes from being comfortable in your own skin!

If he lights up around your vibrant, lovely personality, then I can say for sure, you've found a keeper.  

If he doesn't, then trust me, you don't want a guy like that. Because a guy who is worthy of your time will be attracted by what you have to say, the way you think of things, how your smile lights up a room, rather than the way your body looks in tight jeans, or a low-cut top.  There is so much beauty in you that it would be silly to waste it on someone who does not appreciate all that you are. 

Soooo, Miss Rachel, get busy figuring out what clothes make you feel fabulous and let us know if your crush is a keeper!!

Thank you for your question!! 

Keep shinning sweet lady! 


Fashionista --- do you have a style question? Feel free to email me at info(at)TheFashionistaCoach(dot)com!

Love,
Your Fashion Coach


Photos Courtesy of: Pinterest.com, Highestcommondenominator.tumblr.com, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...