Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Q & A Fashionable Thursday: Booties

 
Q: Hi Amanda!

Okay I have my first question!!! What type of boots are best to wear on girls who don't really have much of an ankle? I love the booties but not sure if there made for me. :)

- Rachelle
California

A: Hi Rachelle!

What a great question! YES, you can wear booties! However, there are a few guidelines to finding the right pair that will flatter your ankle area. 

First, opt for a pair of booties that rise slightly above your ankle. This is important to you because it will help create a slimmer ankle.  There are many cute booties out there that rise above the ankle, like the one pictured below...

 
This particular pair is fantastic for defining the ankle area because of the style features. The buckle at top slim the ankle the same way a belt slims the waist.  It creates definition that balances out your feet and calf area. Having fringe below also creates an ankle silhouette.  Not all booties will have this type of styling, but the most important thing to remember is to pick booties that rise above your ankle area- not below- that have some detailing near the top in order to flatter your legs nicely. 

Also, short boots works well too!  This is another way to create high style while slimming the ankle area perfectly.

 

Thank you for your question, Rachelle! I hope that helps!

Fashionista, if you have a style dilemma, please email it to me at Info(at)TheFashionistaCoach(dot)com! Thank you!

Love,
Your Fashion Coach


Photos courtesy of Instagram and PinkWallPaper.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting it. The short bootie picture also gave me a great idea on ways to refashion my booties so that I don't have the inverted bell look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome! So glad you were able to refashion your booties! I'd love to see how they turned out - feel free to post a pic on my facebook wall -- www.Facebook.com/TheFashionistaCoach --Thank you for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those last boots are my favorite!!!

    I am visiting via a comment you left on my blog! :)

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...