Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Q & A Fashionable Thursday: Style Rut for a Petite Woman

Q & A Fashionable Thursday:
Style Rut for a Petite Woman
Q: Hi Amanda,

I follow your blog on Facebook and love your tips and advice. I need your help!!!  I design for lovely ladies all the time but I just can't seem to find what's right for me so I end up wearing the generic grey sweater and jeans combo.  My other dilemma is that I'm 36, can still fit into juniors sizing but want more edgy sophistication. I'm at a fashion crossroads! Not quite young enough to pull off junior fashions but too hip to transition to the ladies department.   My regular job requires a uniform so my closet has become a wasteland....
Thanks for your help!

Tisha

A: Hi Tisha!  


I totally understand what you mean. I am in the same boat as you - (being all of 5'2 and still able to fit in my younger cousin's clothing!) it makes you feel like you belong in the Junior department, when in reality you don't!

The GOOD news is that there are stores out there that will offer you the type of style you love in clothing that will FIT your petite frame.
I would suggest starting your shopping research at LOFT (formerly known as Ann Taylor Loft). The reason I suggest LOFT is because they have sizing that will compliment your petite frame. Go into their store and try on their "Petite" sizes to get a feel of how it fits on your figure. I am hopeful that you will find sizing success there. So try it out and let me know how it works for you! 
 
 
Now, let's address your everyday wear. You said you have a tendency to wear jeans and grey sweaters? I would suggest ditching your grey sweater and keeping the jeans. This time I want you to ACCESSORIZE. Wear a belt with your jeans. Instead of using plain belts, try a skinny belt in a bold color like red. Or a patent leather blue belt. Don't be afraid to use COLOR. 
 
 
Switch up your tops. If you wear form-fitting v-necks, try wearing a slouch v-neck. Instead of a ribbed tank, wear a lace tank.  Variety is truly the spice of style in addition to life! Make sure you're alternating pieces in your everyday wear to keep it fresh and exciting. If you notice your accessories - like, belts, jewelry and tops are all one color and a specific type, go out and shop for new ones.
 
Just this little tweak will refresh your style in no time!  Thank you, Tisha for asking your question. I'd love to know how it goes for you! Keep in touch!  If you, Fashionista, have a style dilemma, PLEASE send me an email at Info(at)TheFashionistaCoach(dot)com!
Love,
Your Fashion Coach

Photos courtesy of weheartit.com, thedailylook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...