Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Q & A Fashionable Thursday: Alternate Spring Party Look

Q: Dear Fashionista Amanda,

I am so happy Spring is here because I can wear all kinds of cute dresses. But I noticed that I am super cold when I go out at night.  Usually I have to wrap up in a jacket if I am at an outdoor party. I don't like having to cover up my dress with a jacket. What other spring party look can I wear that will still make me feel pretty, feminine and WARM?

Thank you!

Jenny H.
Ventura, CA.





A: Hi Jenny!

Thank you for submitting your question for Q & A Fashionable Thursday!

I understand how it goes. You buy a super CUTE spring dress. Wear it to an outdoor party and you have to cover it up with a jacket. Ugh. It's almost like wasting an outfit, huh? Well, no worries. I've got an alternate spring party look that you'll love. 

I always feel pretty and feminine (and warm ;) when I wear skinny jeans in a bright color (like turquoise) with a loose-fitted blouse, a vibrant scarf and suede pumps.  A fun vibrant color combination gives off a "spring vibe" the same way a spring dress would because of the playful colors. (If you prefer a tamed bold color look, you can always go for a softer jean color, like coral, with a white blouse. -My second favorite color combination.)

To continue with the "spring dress vibe" I would also recommend wearing a blouse in a soft semi-sheer fabric to fancy up the outfit, so you won't feel like you're wearing just jeans and a t-shirt.  

Also, wearing a scarf will add warmth to this look which allows you to show off your outfit.  However, if you still are a little chilly, all you'll need is a small fitted-jacket. 

I hope that answers your question, Jenny!

If you, Fashionista, have a question, please email me at info (at) TheFashionistaCoach (dot) com. 

Hope you have a terrific Thursday!

Love,
Your Fashion Coach



{Photo courtesy of Shop.EmersonFry.com and Kohls.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...