Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Q & A Fashionable Thursday: When Your Fave Color Doesn't Flatter


Dear Amanda,

I REALLY love the color mustard yellow - even in Winter, however, I have light skin and dark hair.  It doesn't exactly flatter me best.  What other colors should I use instead, for let's say, a sweater?  Thank you for your help!

-Olivia S.
(New York, New York)

Hi Olivia!

What a great question.  If you have a favorite color (or pattern!) that you know does not look good on you here's what you do: incorporate it into accessories (shoes, purses, scarves or jewelry).  That way you can still wear it and have it look nice on you.  Pink doesn't look best on me - even though it is one of my favorite colors - because of my pink-y skintone (which only enhances the blush tones - not so flattering!) but it does not mean I cannot enjoy pink flats, earrings or a purse!  It means I've gotta incorporate it in subtle ways, like accessories!

So, go out there and rock mustard yellow, Fashionista! If you like, you can share a picture of yourself wearing it on my Facebook page (www.Facebook.com/TheFashionistaCoach)! 

**If YOU have a FASHION dilemma, please email me at info(at)thefashionistacoach(dot)com! Have a terrific thursday, Fashionista!

Love,
Your Fashion Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...