Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Monday, January 30, 2012

How to Wear the Boyfriend Blazer

Hello Fashionista!! It's true...I've fallen in love...and hard too!  I've fallen in love with the boyfriend blazer! (Kinda funny how it says "boyfriend" huh? ;) The Boyfriend Blazer is a super versatile, affordable, and classy jacket.  Originally, the boyfriend blazer was derived from the man's powersuit back in 80's as a way to keep the growing population of women in the work-force looking professional in the corporate world. I personally depise the OG boyfriend blazer, because of its unflattering features.  The original boyfriend blazer was long - about mid-thigh, shapeless - think, boxy, and bulky.  It did nothing for our figures except hide them. The new version is  much sleeker.  It still has a long length, but it is much shorter than what it used to be.  A modernized boyfriend blazer will sit below your hip by 2-3 inches instead of down your thigh. So how does a Fashionista incorporate this fabulous piece into her wardrobe? Let me show you how to wear the boyfriend blazer!
Before I give you the "style formula" I want to mention how and why the boyfriend blazer fits.  I'm sure you've heard me go on and on about the awesome slimming benefits of a blazer, right? There's a reason for that - a GREAT reason, in fact.  Blazers accentuate and flatter your figure because that one simple button at the waistline places the attention on your teeny-tiny waistline (which I know you've forgotten is there, right?! Silly girl!)  Since blazers cinch your waistline, you're elongating the frame, slimming (while balancing!) your figure. Nice feature, right?

Not only is the boyfriend blazer slimming, it is super versatile!  I LOVE pairing my boyfriend blazer with jeans! Let me tell ya, you can wear them with ANY type of jeans...capri jeans, skinny jeans, flare jeans, white jeans, and, even, neon jeans! Not to mention dresses, skirts, and shorts!

Here are some ideas on how you can wear your boyfriend blazer in different ways to be chic 24/7...

If you want to go an upscale martini lounge....
Boyfriend Blazer + Sequin Dress + Black Pumps + Tights (to stay warm in the Winter!) = Voila, you're ultra glam

If you want to go to a low-key spot for some beers...
Boyfriend Blazer + Skinny Jeans + Suede Wedges + Slub Tee (for a more relaxed, yet classy feel)

If you want to wear it to the office....
Boyfriend Blazer + Pencil Skirt + Pumps + Pinstripe Blouse (Super sophisticated, Fashionista!)

If you want to wear it while running errands on the weekend...
Boyfriend Blazer + Boot Cut Jeans + Tee + Flats

Needless to say, the boyfriend blazer is a modernized, fabulous and ultra feminine piece you must get your hands on, Fashionista! Many retailers carry this gem at a super affordable price.  Be sure to share these tips on how to wear the boyfriend blazer with your Fashionista friends! Thank you for reading!

Love,
Your Fashion Coach

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I love wearing boyfriend blazers over a simple dress with some fun textured tights and high high heels :)

    -Jani
    www.funfashionfit.com
    www.foottraffic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jani - great idea! IN fact, that's one of my favorite go-to outfits. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this post do check ut my blog on www.cooliosays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day! I was so impressed to have seen a great artwork. You've done a great job.Well, thank you for sharing your talent and article it is very well appreciated by me. You can also visit my site if you have time.


    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...