Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Monday, November 7, 2011

Misadventures of the Nerdy-Chic Glasses

Hellooooo Fashionista!  Have you embraced this ever-growing and popular trend: the nerdy-chic glasses?  So many celebrities and self-acclaimed Fashionistas have hit the ground running with this trend and made it their own. I finally jumped on the bandwagon two months ago when I was cruising Pinterest for Fall fashion ideas.  As soon as I laid my eyes on this picture, I fell hopelessly in love with nerdy-chic glasses.  What drew me to like them? I'm not sure exactly, but there are certain qualities nerdy-chic glasses give a Fashionista.  Here's my quick list...
1. Nerdy-Chic Glasses make you look super smart!...and sophisticated!
2. Anyone can wear them- even if you don't need prescription glasses!
3. They bring attention to your beautiful eyes!
4. You can vacate your current role in life....(housewife instantly becomes a presitigious CEO; an Ice Cream Scooper transforms into a Super-Scoopin' Queen; Serious fashionistas become Sexy!) 
Don't believe me? Try a pair!


Lastly....

5.  Nerdy-Chic Glasses provoke hilarious conversations with your family and friends! I kid you not, my husband, friends and family did not know what to do when I started walking around in *pink* nerdy-chic glasses.  (See my picture below!) I am sure they assumed I was crazy because truth be told I have nearly perfect vision. Ha!

Honestly, I think they look COOL!

But the real fun part was hearing the funny feedback from my friends and family, seeing several head-shakes (from my husband- yes, I'm calling you out honey!), and several neck-breaking stares from total (yet cute) strangers at the grocery store. LOL

Take my advice and embrace the nerdy-chic glasses trend! See what kind of magic appears before your very eyes! 8-) Have a funny story  about trying this trend? Email me at info(at)TheFashionistaCoach(dot)com- or leave a comment below!

Thanks for reading, Fashionista!
XoXo,
Your Fashion Coach

7 comments:

  1. Always find something chic, cute and different to try on your website. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! So glad you're finding helpful tips here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! I have a pair of fake glasses and I am always paranoid to wear them because I do not have a prescription... but I think I will try it out tonight.. haha

    -Jani
    www.funfashionfit.com
    www.foottraffic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Jani! So glad you're going for it! I promise you'll love it. :) Feel free to post a picture of you and your glasses on my facebook page www.facebook.com/TheFashionistaCoach xox-Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wear RED nerdy chic glasses on a regular basis. My mom's like "Why do you look like a grasshopper?" My friend's like "Why are you so hipster?" Strangers are like "Are those real?"

    I mean... cmon guys. They're glasses. I need them to see. They're big so I can see EVERYTHING and they're red because red goes well with my skin. Whatelsedoyawannntt? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!!!
    I hear ya Udoka!! Funny how a cute accessory can cause so much controversy, huh?? I love that you're wearing RED glasses!! I bet they look really cute! I just bought a pair of overside red sunglasses and I can't get enough.
    Keep rockin' it, girl!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. love Firmoo and actually waiting for my sunglasses. Really excited!

    Fastrack sunglasses | Spectacles online shopping

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...