Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Monday, November 21, 2011

Holiday Style Advice from Designer Chris Benz

Hellooo Fashionista!  I was thumbing through December 2011 edition of Glamour Magazine and came across holiday style advice from designer Chris Benz! Believe it or not, I had no clue who he was until I read this issue of Glamour.  Why you might ask....well, I believe it's more important to create your own style - which has everything to do with dressing your body shape and accentuating your attributes.  Not necessarily about the labels you wear.  

However,  I do admire fashion designers for their creative work they share with the world.  While I may not be the kind of person to chase labels (even though there is nothing wrong with that) I do admire a fashion designer's creative genius.  They change the direction of trends by sewing up new fashion ideas.  If I'm ever in a style rut, I look to them for a fresh perspective on let's say holiday style and apply it to my look! ;)  With that said, read on for designer Chris Benz's holiday style advice!  

(Tip #1) Wear something different at night: shorts!
"Envision wearing shorts the same way you would skirts," says Benz.  "They're a new way to make a statement.  But think about what shape and length look best on you.  Right now I love a longer bermuda style- it feels luxe-y."

(Tip #2) Then Top 'Em And Accessorize Like Crazy
"You can wear a party-shorts look with a cami or tank or a sparkly cardigan.  Go overboard and accesorize to balance out the casual feel of the shorts.  Layer on jewelry, like long drop chains or a pair of super-eveninglike earrings."

(Tip #3) When In Doubt, Start On the Bottom...
"I love the idea of an interesting bottom as an accessory, like printed pants or even a skirt- anything that you can wear with a simple tank or tee. It's easy dressing and intrinsically kind of chic and fabulous."

Fashion designer Chris Benz is right on target with his style advice. I especially love how he's encouraging us to think outside the "LBD" box.  (ahem, weren't you thinking of grabbing your LBD for the holidays? I thought so!) Mixing casual tanks with dressy bottoms (or vice versa!) mixed with many accessories is a great new twist to holiday style.  I hope you enjoyed holiday style advice from designer Chris Benz.  Wanna show off your holiday look? Post it on my Facebook wall at: www.Facebook.com/TheFashionistaCoach I'm sure the rest of our Fashionista Fam would love to see what you came up with! 

Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving, Fashionista!

Love,
Your Fashion Coach


Photo courtesy of: http://thehautehoosiery.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Your style is really unique in comparison to other folks I have read stuff from.
    Thank you for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I'll just book
    mark this page.
    My web page > Bubbletravel.Com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...