Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Q & A Fashionable Thursday!


Q: Hi Fashionista Coach,

The weather is warming up and I want to wear strapless dresses and tube tops.  But the problem are my shoulders.  They are so big! I know this sounds weird, but how can I make them smaller?

Thanks for your help.

~Jenny

A: Hi Jenny!

Thank you for asking this question! First off, you are not alone in this.  Many women have this fashion challenge (including myself!) and have had success.  So here is what I suggest for you:  Wear a strapless top or dress in one of two ways.... 1) With large print and solid color accessories.  2) Or wear a solid color tube top or dress with a long beaded necklace. 

The reason I suggest these two options is because this will draw attention away from your shoulders and on the top/dress.  Adding a long necklace, also draws attention to your top and away from your shoulders. 

If you find yourself still feeling uncomfortable, wear a lightweight wrap or cardigan.  That works like a charm! 

Thank you for the question, Jenny!

If you have a fashion dilemma or question, please email me at info(at)TheFashionistaCoach(dot)com or ask in the comment box below!

Love,
Your Fashion Coach




Photo courtesy of JuniperJames.wordpress.com and FabSugar.com

2 comments:

  1. Love your tips! I've always been a little self conscious with strapless, since I'm fairly broad for my height.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Heather! I totally understand what you mean and happy to pass along the wisdom! :) Yay for wearing strapless dresses and tops again!

    Xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...