Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My 100th Post! (And 3 Lessons Learned)


I'm thrilled to share this milestone with you: My 100th Post! (And 3 Lessons Learned) Wow! I am about one week away from my one year anniversary! I just have to say, I'm so very happy I started this blog and stuck with it.  

When I started blogging, I was in a much different place in my life.  Not geographically, but internally: emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.  I had just married and moved to a new city.  I was starting a new life and had no idea how much growing was going to occur once I started.  The idea of blogging was calling my name, but I wasn't sure what to blog about- or even how it worked.  I enlisted a wonderful Life Coach to help me uncover my career path.  (I highly recommend a Life/Career Coach for anyone who wants to build a career.  I found it extremely invaluable to consult with someone more experienced and wiser than me). [Lesson #1 Surround yourself with experienced, successful people, and learn, learn, learn!]

This road has been a journey that has taught me a lot about myself: strengths and weaknesses alike. For instance, do you know how many butterflies and moments of doubt I've encountered? Ugh, tons! (I'm even going through it today!) Did you know many of us fear success? How it will change us, take us out of our comfort zone, put us in the spotlight? Sometimes that can be really scary! But, do you know how many opportunities have come from blogging?  It's enormous. If you told me a year ago, the marketing director of LOFT (formerly known as Ann Taylor Loft) was going to contact me about a piece I wrote and offer monetary support, I would have said: You're CRAZY- no way!  Or if you told me that I would be writing for a FASHION MAGAZINE I would've also said, YEAH RIGHT! Or if you told me I would be interviewed on a radio show, I would've said- you're on DRUGS!  I feel like I've barely scratched the surface but I'm learning (lesson #2!) it all takes times to pan out.

The point is that what seems impossible at the time becomes possible the moment you walk towards your dreams despite your doubts and baggage. {Lesson #3: Don't wait until you're perfect, just go for it! As I like to say: When opportunity knocks, answer- even if you're naked!}

So, do me (you and the world) a favor...take an idea you're passionate about and bring it to life.  Do what it takes to get it off the ground. Work on it every day.  Face your inner naysayer and prove it wrong (you'll find it wasn't right).  You have so much to offer the world.  You are special.  You are unique.  And there is no ONE like you.  I hope you understand that. 

In reflection of my 100th post, and my (almost) one year anniversary, I want to say thank you for being a loyal reader and supporter of The Fashionista Coach.  I wish you all the courage in the world to believe in the beauty of your dreams. Make them a reality for the entire world to enjoy.  You're so special...never forget that.  :)

Love,
Your Fashion Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...