Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Monday, February 22, 2010

Dreams Do Come True!

We’ve been friends for two months now (to my newcomers- welcome!) I feel like sharing my most prized “big picture” dream with you. I’ve always been told dreams do come true when I was growing up.  Applying that to my life, I imagined being an owner of my very own women’s clothing boutique. I dreamt of how I would beautify my store with the most feminine fabrics, colors, paint, lighting and furniture. My customers would be showered with personalized attention, endless amounts of chocolates, beverages and affordable fashion-forward clothing.


My parents always encouraged me to 'dream big' and never let any obstacle keep me from living my dreams.  So when my husband was hired into a position that relocates every couple of years and enormous start-up costs of a boutique stared me in the face, I went back to the drawing board.  "Never fear" I thought to myself. "Keep an open mind and an open heart."  That was when my very good friend, Shannon, opened my eyes to blogging. “That’s it!” I thought. Blogging will allow me to create a positive, fun and fashionable environment to inspire you to make your fashion dreams come true. In fact, we can do this from the comfort of your own home or while you're at work, on a business trip, or anywhere else in the world.


So, on December 18, 2009, I ventured down my very own path with as much optimism and hope to start my fashion blog: Fashionista On A Dime. Taking the first step was quite challenging. Tons of limiting beliefs were trying their best to keep me small.  I'd have thoughts like..."What if I fall flat on my face? What if you didn't like what I shared?" Let me tell you, courage and support from your loved ones is so important! Thanks to my ever-loving husband, family and friends, I was able to push past the nonsense and make this happen. I often wonder what life would be like without taking this risk? Then I see how I would have missed the chance of a lifetime to meet you and inspire you to new heights of fashion.  I am so thankful for being apart of your lives. 


Do you have a dream you want to come true? Find one small step to make it happen. Just one. No matter how big or small. Just do it. You honestly never know what awaits you on the other side. Good quote to remember when you need that extra push.... "The biggest risk of all is riskless living." - Author Unknown.


So, this blog is dedicated to you Fashionistas out there wanting more from fashion and life! Take some time and enjoy yourself while you're here! You may notice some changes and rearrangements from the last time you visited. That’s just me growing into my dreams, applying new ideas to make our relationship more fun and rewarding. Please always remember that dreams do come true!  As always, I am here at Amanda@FashionistaOnAdime.com if you'd like to share your story or have any questions, or comments.  I love hearing from you.  *If you’d like your daily fill of fashion fun and inspiration emailed to you, simply take me up on on this offer and join in on the fun here! I hope you have a wonderful day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...