Private SUP Lessons | Weekly SUP Class Tues. + Sat. AM | SUP Rentals Available 7 Days/Week

Monday, December 28, 2009

Favorite Winter Accessory!

Last week, I asked the question: "What is your favorite Winter Accessory?" You ladies voted and the results are in! The winner is: Scarves! Scarves ranked #1 at 83%; Uggs 66%, and 10% of you choose handbags. As I write to you, I am wearing my NEW favorite winter accessory: my white Ugg boots, which were a christmas gift from my mother-in-law - a woman who definitely knows her fashion! Thank you Alice!!

Scarves are definitely a must have winter accessory that has been popular as far back as ancient Rome where it was called sudarium (Latin term for "sweat cloth") and was used by Romans to wipe their necks and faces. The ancient Romans developed the scarf into a diverse men's fashion accessory, whether knotted to a belt or worn around the neck. Of course this style was quickly adopted by women also, and the scarf has since become synonymous with women’s fashion.

The scarf has evolved since the ancient Roman days not only in material but in style. We no longer use it as a sweat cloth but as an avid fashion accessory in winter. Some of the most iconic and fashionable women in history wear scarves just as often as you and I do.


Amanda Bynes


Jackie O.


Lauren Conrad


Reese Witherspooon


When you think about it, scarves are the most versatile, with a longer wear-time than handbags, hats or Uggs.  You can wear them to work without having to take it off or put them away.  You can work around the house, run errands, jog outdoors, ski, snowboard, party, meet new clients, go on a job interview, shop online, feed the cat, walk the dog, go on a date, and lunch with your girlfriends. I think you get the point!

Bottom line: Scarves are the kind of accessory that is allowed in more places than shoes, hats and handbags.  Unless you take your new Coach bag to bed because you can't bare to take your eyes off of it, then we'll let that be the exception to the rule. ;)

Thank you, Fashionistas for taking the time to share your opinion with me.  I always love hearing from you! Make sure you stop by Old Navy for the best scarf deals! They are selling adorable printed and super comfy scarves starting at $6.99!
My personal fav...


Yellow & White Women's Gauze Scarf for $15.50

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! I love this post about scarves - you summed it up well :) Do your readers submit pictures of how they wear scarves? I find that so inspiring. Thanks for all the great tips - I'm glad I found your site & will be back. Stop by echodesign.com - I write the blog there and it's all about fashion and scarves (echo has been making them for 85 years!) Happy 2010! - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen!

    Thank you for checking out Fashionista On A Dime! I welcome & encourage all of my readers to submit photos of their clothing finds, tips and stories. As soon as I receive them, I will post it to my blog. Happy 2010 to you and I will stop by your site as well! Take care! ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...